07/04/2015

GETTING READY FOR SUMMER WITH GLASSES


 MY STORY AND PHILOSOPHY FOR WEARING GLASSES

I started wearing prescribed glasses when I was a senior student in gymnasium school, but it did not mean I got on well with them straight away. Once they rubbed my nose and ears so badly, that I got upset and did not wear them for ages. But when I was a fresher at uni and noticed I could not see the number of the trolley bus approaching the stop, I realised I had to put my glasses back on my nose. So I was putting them on and taking them off until we became very good partners and are them for about 5 years now. Since then they have been changing my face and became kind of its feature.

Of course, you can always change glasses into contact lenses or have a laser eye surgery. I did try to wear contact lenses in the past, but I did not like it at all. And then I started enjoying wearing glasses so much that I did not even think to think about the surgery. Oh right, recently I was thinking about getting contact lenses again, just for the summer season so that I could wear sunglasses. But then I realised how uneconomic that would be and I decided to do some research, which, I think was very wise decision. By the way, I did not forget about photochromic lenses, but I think this option would be a big style mistake.

 WHICH BRAND FOR SUNGLASSES I CHOOSE AND WHY 

My all times favourite and most reliable sunglasses were and are POLAROIDs. For me they are classic sunglasses with maximum protection for my eyes. These glasses provide 100% UV protection, as well as glare-free vision. All these features help you see more clearly, therefore, these sunnies are unchangeable when driving. Polaroid polarized sunglasses are also good for sports, as Polaroid make lenses in seven different colours. And in sport, colour matters (find the guide how to select the right colour lens for specific sports HERE). Polaroid Corporation was established in 1937 by polarized lens inventor Edwin Land. I think I do not have to explain myself anymore why I trust Polaroid so much. By the way, Edwin Land also invented extremely popular instant photo camera Polaroid. 


NON-POLARIZED LENS                                 POLAROID POLARIZED LENS

 MY CHOICE FOR THIS SUMME

So I opened Polaroid sunglasses www and found couple of interesting options for myself. One of them - Clip-ons, which you simply attach to the frame of your prescribed glasses. There are two types of Clip-ons: Spring fit (secure fit) and Flip up (you can flip the lenses up and down when needed). The idea is OK, but it does not suit my sunglasses philosophy. For me, sunglasses have to be sunglasses and not just lenses attached to my glasses. I am not sure if I have seen or heard about the next option, or maybe I just fantasised it, but once I saw it, I liked it straight away. It is Suncovers! Suncovers have legs and from the looks it does not differ from any other pair of glasses. So the legs of these glasses have kind of groove and the frame has a cover to conceal your prescribed glasses underneath your Suncovers. They are very light, stylish and of high quality. The only complaint and question to Polaroid company would be - WHY YOU DO NOT MAKE THEM WITH MIRROR LENSES?! They would perfectly hide the glasses they are covering. 

 
I am ready for summer! :) I cannot wait for sunny days, when I will be able to surprise passers-by by putting glasses on my glasses, and just enjoy luxury of wearing sunnies.



No comments:

Post a Comment